- Empty and rinse bottles, cans and containers to remove food or beverage residue
- Place only approved items in the cart.
- Do not “bag” recyclables – put them in the outside cart loose.
- Put caps back on plastic bottles and jugs – DO NOT crush!
- Flatten boxes and place inside your cart.
- Remove wax bags from food boxes (such as cereal or cracker boxes).
- Labels can remain on jars/bottles and plastic windows on envelopes.
- Keep the lid on your recycling cart closed at all times to keep materials dry.
There are four very important words to remember: Empty – Clean – Loose – Dry!